ITEMS 1 to 6 ARE TO BE SUBMITTED IN TRIPLICATE (3 SETS)
1. Burial Transit Permit.
2. Certification of Embalming & Preparation of Human Remains.
3. Notarized statement of the Funeral Director (stating that the casket contains only the remains of the deceased and nothing else).
4. Medical Examiner’s Report (if applicable) if the deceased was killed.
5. Notarized copy of Death Certificate.
6. Certification of Vital Record regarding communicable/non-communicable disease(s) – [this is to state whether or not the deceased had contagious disease. If so, the type of disease should be stated in this document].
7. US$30.00 money order (payable to the Embassy of Nigeria) as Attestation Fee.
8. Nigerian Passport of the Deceased (in case passport is not available, the closest relative should send a notarized letter stating the same).
9. A waiver letter for the repatriation of human remains from the Federal Ministry of Health in Abuja, Nigeria.
10. A certified self-addressed prepaid envelope from USPS, UPS, or FedEx.
NOTE: Allow 7 working days for processing time. Also, drop off and collection of documents from Monday through Thursday, between the hours of 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.
Please mail all applications to:
Embassy of Nigeria
3519 International Court, NW
Washington, DC 20008.